Live Course EA Exam Review
Live Online EA Exam Review Course – Part 1
- Live classes meet Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with TaxMama® &/or her instructors.
- Students download secure online conferencing software to their computers which enables them to meet online, speak directly to instructors, meet in chat rooms and message instructors and other students directly
- Lots of personal attention.
- Each exam Part includes 40-58 hours of live classes.
- All classes are recorded – so you get 40-58 hours of audio recordings and replays of at least 14-23 lectures per exam. There is a sample recording from one of the classes one the right.
- Access to all lecture notes, including forms and explanations.
- Access to the discussion forums, including your own blog, to track your notes and exchange information with other students.
The EA Exam and therefore this EA Exam review course is broken down into three parts:
- Part 1 – Individual Taxation
- Part 2 – Business Taxation
- Part 3 – Representation, Practice & Procedures
Click on the button below for more details including 2013 course dates on each part of the exam.
Part 1 Individual Taxation
2013 Dates and Live Course Schedule
TaxMama’s® Live Course classes take place on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm (PACIFIC) and on Saturday mornings between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm (PACIFIC) unless stated otherwise.
(You’re not in the Pacific time zone? Look up your time here.)
Part 1 – Individual Taxation
Orientation is on Saturday May 18 2013 at 8:00 am to 10:00 am (PACIFIC)
Classes start Wednesday May 22 and run through Saturday June 29
Note: If enough new people sign up for the Live Course mid-year, we will repeat the Part I course in the Fall
Dates are subject to change
If dates are not compatible with your schedule, check out TaxMama’s® Self Study Course – it contains all the notes and audio recordings of the live classes but allows you to learn in your own time.
What You Will Learn
The course will include TaxMama’s® special twists, teaching you more than tax law – you’ll learn:
- how to draw clients out and get information from them
- how to protect your practice from client conflicts and lawsuits
- how to maintain an ethical practice, in the face of client ‘persuasion’ to assist them in little falsehoods
- how to find loopholes to help cut taxes legally
- how to find the information you need to address a client’s issues
- how to prepare an individual tax return – from inception to filing
- Personal attention from TaxMama to guide you
- Study Buddies to work with
- Gleim’s EA Part 1 book and test prep CD
- FasTax software covering 4 years of EA exam questions and answers.
- 24/7 Study hall with links to key part 1 materials
- Access to study buddies and study buddy teams
- The Deluxe version of The Tax Book (live class only)
- TaxMama’s® book Small Business Taxes Made Easy – autographed
- Free tax software to test and PREPARE and EFILE individual tax returns
Lecture 1 – The big Picture – Overview of the U.S. tax return
Lecture 2 – First piece – Exemptions & Filing Requirements & Names
Lecture 3 – Favorite piece – Income – Interest, Dividends, Social Security Income, Retirement Income
Lecture 4(a)-(c) – Puzzling Piece – Tax Return Samples
Lecture 5 – Juicy piece – Overview of Adjustments to Income
Lecture 6 – Misunderstood piece- Itemized Deductions and Employee Business Expenses
Lecture 7 – Special piece – Credits, Additional Taxes
Lecture 8 – Giving piece – Estate and Gift Taxes
Lecture 9 – Missing piece – Understanding Basis
Lecture 10 – Political piece – Understanding Depreciation
Lecture 11 – Making your piece – Fundamentals of Capital Gains & Losses
Lecture 12 – Extra piece – More Sales and Exchanges
You will get data from sample clients to input into your free software – or your own software. You will get profiles of three different clients, with different levels of complexity. All of them will address the Making the Work Pay issue.
- Simple – senior with dividends, interest , pension and Social Security
- Involved – Couple with children, 1 job and 1 student, owning a home, with child care, green issues
- Complex – Similar couple, with stock sales, employee business expenses and more
Note: We will not be covering clients with businesses or rentals.
Part 2 June 19 - August 17
Listen to Eva explain:
Watch the replay of the session: