Live Course EA Exam
Live Online EA Exam Course – Part 1
- Live classes meet Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with TaxMama® &/or her instructors.
- Students download secure online conferencing software to their computers which enables them to meet online, speak directly to instructors, meet in chat rooms and message instructors and other students directly
- Lots of personal attention.
- Each exam Part includes 40-58 hours of live classes.
- All classes are recorded – so you get 40-58 hours of audio recordings and replays of at least 14-23 lectures per exam. There is a sample recording from one of the classes one the right.
- Access to all lecture notes, including forms and explanations.
- Access to the discussion forums, including your own blog, to track your notes and exchange information with other students.
- Check out all the great Study Materials that are provided with this course
The EA Exam and therefore this EA Exam course is broken down into three parts:
- Part 1 – Individual Taxation
- Part 2 – Business Taxation
- Part 3 – Representation, Practice & Procedures
Click on the button below for more details including 2014 course dates on each part of the exam.
Part 1 Individual Taxation
2015 Dates and Live Course Schedule
TaxMama’s® Live Course classes take place on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm (PACIFIC) and on Saturday mornings between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm (PACIFIC) unless stated otherwise.
(You’re not in the Pacific time zone? Look up your time here.)
Part 1 – Individual Taxation
Orientation is on Saturday May 2 2015 at 8:00 am to 10:00 am (PACIFIC)
Classes start Tuesday May 5 and run through Saturday June 13
Note: If enough new people sign up for the Live Course mid-year, we will repeat the Part I course in the Fall
Dates are subject to change
If dates are not compatible with your schedule, check out TaxMama’s® Self Study Course – it contains all the notes and audio recordings of the live classes but allows you to learn in your own time.
What You Will Learn
The course will include TaxMama’s® special twists, teaching you more than tax law – you’ll learn:
- how to draw clients out and get information from them
- how to protect your practice from client conflicts and lawsuits
- how to maintain an ethical practice, in the face of client ‘persuasion’ to assist them in little falsehoods
- how to find loopholes to help cut taxes legally
- how to find the information you need to address a client’s issues
- how to prepare an individual tax return – from inception to filing
- Personal attention from TaxMama to guide you
- Study Buddies to work with
- Gleim’s EA Part 1 book and test prep CD
- Fast Forward Academy EA Exam testing software
- or replace the Gleim materials with Fast Forward Academy Effective Bundle with interactive Study Guide
- Access to study buddies and study buddy teams
- Access to free conference systems to study with buddies
- The Deluxe version of The Tax Book (included in Live class only, with all three parts ordered)
- TaxMama’s® book Small Business Taxes Made Easy – autographed
- Free tax software to test and PREPARE and EFILE individual tax returns
- Special tools and cheat sheets available nowhere else
Lecture 1 – The big Picture – Overview of the U.S. tax return
Lecture 2 – First piece – Exemptions & Filing Requirements & Names
Lecture 3 – Favorite piece – Income – Interest, Dividends, Social Security Income, Retirement Income
Lecture 4(a)-(c) – Puzzling Piece – Tax Return Samples
Lecture 5 – Juicy piece – Overview of Adjustments to Income
Lecture 6 – Misunderstood piece- Itemized Deductions and Employee Business Expenses
Lecture 7 – Special piece – Credits, Additional Taxes
Lecture 8 – Giving piece – Estate and Gift Taxes
Lecture 9 – Missing piece – Understanding Basis
Lecture 10 – Political piece – Understanding Depreciation
Lecture 11 – Making your piece – Fundamentals of Capital Gains & Losses
Lecture 12 – Extra piece – More Sales and Exchanges
You will get data from sample clients to input into your free software – or your own software. You will get profiles of three different clients, with different levels of complexity. All of them will address the Making the Work Pay issue.
- Simple – senior with dividends, interest , pension and Social Security
- Involved – Couple with children, 1 job and 1 student, owning a home, with child care, green issues
- Complex – Similar couple, with stock sales, employee business expenses and more
Note: We will not be covering clients with businesses or rentals.
Part 2. May 28 - Aug 22
Part 3. Sept 8 - Oct 10
Listen to Eva explain:
Watch the replay of the session: